Leaving the battery in a fully charged or discharged state for extended periods of time can be unhealthy for the battery. We recommend storing at a charge of about 50%, with a resting voltage of about 50.0 Volts for the 48V pack and 53.0 Volts for the 52V pack. You can determine the voltage level based on the reading on the display.
If you do not plan on using your bike for an extended period of time (1 month or longer), we recommend the following:
- Charge the battery to about 50% capacity.
- Turn off the battery.
- Remove the battery from the bike.
- Store the battery in a dry location
- Avoid storing the battery in very cold or very hot areas.
- Use the bike at least once every 3 months.