The torque sensor can be deactivated from the settings menu on the LCD display. When deactivated, the bike will only use the cadence information for the pedal assist operation. To deactivate (or activate) the sensor, follow these steps:
- On the LCD display, enter the Advanced Settings Menu by pushing and holding the + and - assist buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. The display will then enter the Advanced Settings Menu.
- Use the + or - Buttons to move between advanced options, and the power button on the back to select an option.
- Push the power button to enter the torque sensor adjustment mode. To turn on the torque sensor set Torque to "YES". To turn off the torque sensor set the Torque to "NO".
- Push the power button to exit the Torque setting menu.
- Push the power button again to exit the Advanced Setting Menu.
The display will return to the main screen and the bike will operate using only the cadence sensor when using the pedal assist.