Firmware update notes for CCX shipped with CCS Firmware (Print PDF)
A limited number of CCX (CrossCurrent X) e-bikes may have been inadvertently sent out with the Firmware designed for the CCS (CrossCurrent S).
The result will be reduced performance in R mode and zero assist mode will still provide some level of assist.
Other assist modes and functions will perform normally.
The physical hardware is the same for the CCS and CCX however the software is slightly different.
The CCX software has a zero assist mode “0” and a “Race” mode “R”.
If you select the zero assist mode and the e-bike still gives assist as if in the ECO mode. The software needs to be reprogrammed.
There are 2 options to get the update:
1. Bring the bike to our Service center to be reprogrammed.
1669-A Brandywine Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91911
2. Contact customer support and we will send out a controller with the updated Firmware which is easy to swap.
Package contents will include:
- 1 x Controller with CCX firmware
- 1 x Controller change instructions sheet
- 10 x Zip-ties
- 1 x Return label to return the original controller
Video instructions can be found here:
If you have any questions about the firmware update please contact customer support: