All e-bikes require regular cleaning to keep them functioning to best performance. Water, Dirt & grime can damage the chain and bike overtime, and cleaning your bike and chain on a regular schedule will help keep them safe to ride.
It's important to store your ebike in a dry indoor location.
Most bike cleaning tools are available for purchase at your local bike shops and or you can find them online.
What you need:
* Warm Water
* Bike degreaser
* Bike chain lubricant
* Clean rags
* A bike stand or helping hand to hold bike upright
* Gloves (Keep your hands sparkling clean)
* Tarp or drop cloth (keep your flooring clean)
1. Before you start ensure that you have turned the power off to your bike and removed the battery.
2. Wipe down your bike frame with a clean soft cloth. You can use warm water if needed to get tough spots off. Do not get water into the battery area or any other electronic parts of the bike.
**** Do not spray your bike directly with a hose as this will cause damage and void your warranty.
3. Apple degreaser directly to a clean rag. (Do this away from the bike to avoid degreaser getting onto the frame and or electronic components)
4. Use the towel (that you applied degreaser to) to apply degreaser directly to the chain. Place the towel on the lower part of the chain. Make sure the degreaser touches the chain.
5. Turn the pedal backwards while holding the towel to the chain. Keep doing this until the chain is clean.
6. Once completed please make sure that the chain is fully dried and no leftover degreaser is left on the chain.
7. Now you can apply the bike chain lubricant to each roller of the chain. ** Please follow the manufacturer's instructions on the chain lubricant package.**
8. Turn the pedals forward and shift through all of the gears. ( You will need the rear tire off the ground)
9. Wipe off any extra lubricant with a clean rag.
10. Now it's time to dry your bike. Wipe it down with a dry cloth.
11. Place your battery back on your bike and power it up.